[clue-tech] download video

Bob Meetin bobm at dottedi.biz
Thu Nov 13 08:20:48 MST 2008

One of my clients has gotten a number of exposes (her investigators did
the work) posted on CNN, ABC Boston, CBS Chicago, etc.  CNN offers a
link to the video so that you can bring it into youtube, myspace, etc.
But these other guys make it more obscure.  View source was not overly
helpful to me.  I see the relevant code/section, but it's useless, can't
grasp the .swf file.

Example: http://www.thebostonchannel.com/video/index.html

Someone told me that when I access the video that it will get at least
temporarily saved in the file system.  How can I tell in Ubuntu if this
is happening and where?  Would it be /tmp, /var/tmp, somewhere in
.mozilla, elsewhere?

--
Bob Meetin
www.dottedi.biz

Hook up with me on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Plaxo Pulse and Bebo
or catch my blog at www.dottedi.biz/blog.php

Standards - you gotta love em - there are so many to choose from!