[clue-tech] "rewindable" drive?

Thu Nov 20 12:15:10 MST 2008

Yes.  I should have said so to begin with.  The app is inherited, large, and complex.  We (the new dev team, not me personally) have looked it over, edited and blessed it, but we (me personally) are still full of rage, vitriol, and distrust, and rage and vitriol.  So we (me personally again) want an "insurance policy" for the unlikely case where the old and new devil-ope-ers missed something and some person-of-ethical-flexibility takes advantage thereof.

I want to be able to take an image, roll the system drive back to it's uncracked state, and carefully re-import the latest data from the moment when we shut the server down.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Keith Hellman" <khellman at mcprogramming.com>
To: "CLUE tech" <clue-tech at cluedenver.org>
Sent: Thursday, November 20, 2008 11:55:46 AM GMT -07:00 US/Canada Mountain
Subject: Re: [clue-tech] "rewindable" drive?

Has the idea of fixing the fundamental security holes and compromise
vectors been considered?  Just a thought...

--
Keith Hellman                             #include <disclaimer.h>
khellman at mcprogramming.com                from disclaimer import standard
khellman at mines.edu
                                   -*-
                    public key @ pgp.mit.edu 9FCF40FD
    Y!M: mcprogramming                           AIM/ICQ: 485403897
                     gtalk: jabber at mcprogramming.com
                                   -*-

The purpose of computing is insight, not numbers.

-- Richard W. Hamming, 1962