[clue-tech] "rewindable" drive?

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Thu Nov 20 21:43:04 MST 2008

David L. Willson wrote:
> Do we have constant block-level COW with time-stamping yet?

Seems not, at least in general use.

> I realize that this would not be appropriate for every job, but it
> would be appropriate for this job, a small website with a small
> amount of very valuable data that is highly vulnerable to compromise
> or inside attack.

So can you make yourself a more secure "gold copy" and use that to audit
or reload the server?

Or pull the data off the server periodically and store it someplace
secure?  Then you can look through your copies for signs of tampering.

Not quite as "simple" as what you wanted but if the site is vulnerable
you may not be able to protect the data there.