[clue-tech] Firefox hijacked

Mon Nov 24 11:41:45 MST 2008

I have a user (a Windows user, but his browser is Free, so I'm asking here) who, after a bout with Antivirus 2009, can no longer reach certain web sites, like "www.virustotal.com" and "www.drudgereport.com".  The browser takes him to an ineffective portal page instead.

I don't even know where to start with Googling this...  The point is to return the browser to normal operation, of course.  Any ideas where to start looking?