[clue-tech] Fedora 10 Sound problem

Ed Hill ed at eh3.com
Fri Nov 28 08:22:43 MST 2008

On Thu, 27 Nov 2008 18:52:34 -0700 "Yuko Jonah" wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
> Happy thanksgiving. I just installed Fedora 10 everything works fine
> except the sound i have Intel sound chip, has anyone else experience
> this problem if so how did you fix it. i don't have that much
> information to give.

Hi Yuko,

I have the following audio chipset:

  $ lspci | grep Audio
  00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family)
   High Definition Audio Controller (rev 01)

and its working fine with Fedora 10 for me -- even after
suspend/resume, etc.

Is sound not working at all or is it just failing for some
applications?  If its the latter you may want to look at:

  http://pulseaudio.org/wiki/PerfectSetup

which has some tips.  And if its not working at all then I'd check the
master volume, etc. using the PulseAudio volume control.

Ed

--
Edward H. Hill III, PhD  |  ed at eh3.com  |  http://eh3.com/