[clue-tech] Fedora 10 Sound problem

Jed S. Baer cluemail at jbaer.cotse.net
Fri Nov 28 11:19:01 MST 2008

On Fri, 28 Nov 2008 11:07:39 -0700
Yuko Jonah wrote:

> > > Happy thanksgiving. I just installed Fedora 10 everything works fine
> > > except the sound i have Intel sound chip, has anyone else experience
> > > this problem if so how did you fix it. i don't have that much
> > > information to give.
> >

> > I have the following audio chipset:
> >
> >  $ lspci | grep Audio
> >  00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family)
> >   High Definition Audio Controller (rev 01)
> >
> > and its working fine with Fedora 10 for me -- even after
> > suspend/resume, etc.
> >
> > Is sound not working at all or is it just failing for some
> > applications?  If its the latter you may want to look at:
> >
> >  http://pulseaudio.org/wiki/PerfectSetup
> >
> > which has some tips.  And if its not working at all then I'd check the
> > master volume, etc. using the PulseAudio volume control.
>
> thanks Ed, sound is not working at all. I also have the sound sound
> card.

You mean you have the same output from lspci that Ed got?

$ lsmod | grep snd

See if the snd_hda_intel module is loaded.

If it isn't, do:

$ modprobe snd_hda_intel

Not sure if you need to be root for that, if so, then:
$ sudo modprobe snd_hda_intel
or just do it as root.

Odd, IMHO, that it doesn't auto-load at boot, but then I don't run
Fedora, so what do I know?

jed