[clue-tech] Strange hardware thought

Thu Sep 4 14:54:16 MDT 2008

> True..but in this case *I* would like it for going into the field (or
> putting it on my bench) and plugging into a computer that isn't acting
> right. ie before an OS is loaded.

Yes, to load an OS, or to watch a reboot, or to see if there's an error on screen after
a server just became unavailable and before you hit the power, or run a RAM test, or an
Ubuntu Live CD, or whatever.  Real servers don't have heads.  They have power cords and
network cords and speaker cables (kidding!).

It looks like Epiphan (that Chris found) has a corner on the market.  SewellDirect has a
little box, but it's an Epiphan that they're reselling.  And the prices...  steep and
steeper.

http://www.pricewatch.com/brands/cables/epiphan-1.htm

If you think $400 is too much, check out rack drawers!  >$500 to $1500.  Jeepers.