[clue-tech] Two things

Charles Hutchinson chutchin at geekboi.org
Fri Apr 3 10:42:04 MDT 2009

On Fri, Apr 3, 2009 at 9:40 AM, foo7775 <foo7775 at comcast.net> wrote:

>  Hi all, I'm hoping that I can "pick the collective/community brain" for
> just a second...
>
> First, I'm looking to set up a web site, & I'd like to request solutions
> for a good domain name registrar & a good hosting service.  (Obviously I'd
> prefer a Linux environment.)  As far as the registrar goes, I have reasons
> that I'd prefer not to use GoDaddy and Dotster, but AFAIK any other
> U.S.-based group should be OK...
>
> Second, the 'Free hardware' thread got me to thinking - I have an idea for
> a pretty basic system I'd like to build, but I need a hard drive. If I
> wasn't looking for work at the moment, I'd just pick one up from Micro
> Center (or where-ever), but I'm trying to keep costs to a minimum.  If
> anyone has an IDE hard drive around 60 Gb or so that they could let go
> fairly inexpensively, please contact me off-list.
>
> Thanks all, I appreciate any help you can give.

I have heard really good reviews of 1&1 for both.  They have several options
for linux virtual servers and virtual hosting.  Prices look pretty good as
well.

I more than likely have several IDE drives that I can clear data from and
you can have them.   I think one is 120 or 160GB.  I have to dban them and
shutdown the server.

Charlie

--

Phyllis Diller<http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/p/phyllis_diller.html>
- "If it weren't for baseball, many kids wouldn't know what a