[clue-tech] Good Linux magazine recommendation?

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Sat Aug 1 02:31:58 MDT 2009

Linux Journal back in the day would have been good for this, but
lately they're off into la-la land with articles about hideously
complex software mixed with "religious" editorials about open-source,
and have completely lost focus on the beginner.

Sad, but oh well... I got in on their deal when they put out their
100th issue where they offered another 100 issues for $100.  It was
too good to pass up, but most of the time, the thing gets a glance and
gets chucked straight in the trashcan these days after looking at the
one or two articles on useful scripting or other things... the annual
Security issue and the Sysadmin Issues usually have a few more "meaty"
articles.

Sorry, I don't know really where to point him -- I just wanted to rant
about the quality (or lack thereof) of LJ lately.  Apologies...

Nate