[clue-tech] Note Software?

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Mon Aug 24 00:30:40 MDT 2009

On Aug 22, 2009, at 12:48 AM, David L. Anselmi wrote:

> Nate Duehr wrote:
>> I keep hearing people rave about Bento also, which sounds like it
>> can do
>> what you want and a number of other odd things, but I'll readily
>> admit,
>> "I don't get it."
>
> "Everything in one place."

I've never subscribed to that particular "wisdom".  I have
"workstations" set up for different tasks for a reason.  Same
reasoning the engineer that made the cockpit of the airplane I fly
didn't put the fuel selector valve within easy reach of other more
commonly used levers...

"Everything in its place" always seemed saner.  I even use different
computers for different tasks.  (including running different OS's on
them, as appropriate to the task.)

Tools that try to do everything in one place always do them poorly.
Probably the best and worst example in the whole world is Microsoft
Outlook.  Forced to use it at work, I've had to get pretty good at it,
but you have to admit, it's pretty awful at the individual tasks it
does.

> How many things can you put there before it's two places?

I don't understand what you're asking?

--
Nate Duehr
nate at natetech.com