[clue-tech] yum / apt update minimum age

Fri Aug 28 18:21:04 MDT 2009

----- "David L. Anselmi" <anselmi at anselmi.us> wrote:

> David L. Willson wrote:
> > Is there a way to specify, within yum and/or apt that 'upgrade'
> > should not apply any updates that are less than 7 days old?
>
> In apt that is controlled with the Packages file.  It's a function of
>
> the repository.  I'm not sure that "7 days old" makes any sense on the
>
> client side.

Here's my objective:  I want to deploy every package that's been available and newest for a week.  My hope is that by doing so, I will avoid those rare times that a bugged patch gets uploaded, breaks everything, and then a new, good patch goes up the next day.

David L. Willson
Trainer, Engineer, Enthusiast
MCT, MCSE, LPIC-1
tel://720.333.LANS