[clue-tech] Adobe Reader

Keith Hellman khellman at mcprogramming.com
Sat Dec 12 07:51:11 MST 2009

On Sat, Dec 12, 2009 at 06:53:42AM -0700, A.T. Yuhasz wrote:
> According to the Adobe web site, Adobe Reader is available for
> download
> in the following flavors:
>
> Linux - x86 (.bin)
> Linux - x86 (.tar.gz)
> Linux - x86 (.rpm)
> Linux - x86 (.deb)
>
> Which one should I choose to install on Ubuntu 9.10?

The .deb (IIRC) is the default package format for Ubuntu, so go with the
.deb.  I'm also assuming that you are not installing on some type of
exotic hardware like an ARM based netbook, you probably have an Intel
processor so the x86 is good for you.  I *think* that the x86 would work
for AMD platforms as well, at least it does on my computer.

--
Keith Hellman                             #include <disclaimer.h>
khellman at mcprogramming.com                from disclaimer import standard
khellman at mines.edu
                                   -*-
                    public key @ pgp.mit.edu 9FCF40FD
    Y!M: mcprogramming                           AIM/ICQ: 485403897
   gtalk (xmpp jabber): mrtuple at jabber.org, jabber at mcprogramming.com
                                   -*-

"Every man knows he is a sissy compared to Johnny Cash."

-- Bono (U2)