[clue-tech] Looking for help on cross compiling for XScale-IXP4xx

David Williams dkwloki-clue at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 17 10:54:08 MST 2009

Hey Jim and all,

Thanks for the suggestion on the NSLU2.
I did look there, but ended up building crosstool to do the compilation and holy-crap it works!!!

My application is filling in some gaps in the satellite modems.
Mostly looking at ways to add some brains to the poor things when they lose connectivity to our network and/or want to call home via 44000-mile trip.

Weird thing was that crosstool (http://kegel.com/crosstool/) although Linux based, only built for me on Cygwin ...  I think my Ubuntu machine was a bit too new for the package, since I would get complaints about header files having different function signatures than what was expected ... Cygwin runs of 3.4.??? versions of gcc, that worked fine.

Thanks for the suggestions and if someone needs or wants to do a cross-compile, ping me I might actually have an answer.

-David