[clue-tech] laptops turn off touchpad

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
Fri Dec 18 08:46:17 MST 2009

On Fri, 2009-12-18 at 07:37 -0700, Collins Richey wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 9:06 PM, Michael J. Hammel
> <mjhammel at graphics-muse.org> wrote:
> > Might get worse in the future now that multi-pointer X is in the X.org
> > baseline.  But that's such a cool feature I couldn't complain.
> > http://wearables.unisa.edu.au/mpx/
>
> I suppose their must be uses for this, but I'm not champing at the bit
> to use multiple concurrent kb's and mice.

Actually, it's much simpler than that.  And very cool.
http://www.ted.com/index.php/talks/jeff_han_demos_his_breakthrough_touchscreen.html

Imagine that each finger on both hands is a pointing device.  And
multiple people using the same touch screen at the same time.  Han's
current company has some demo's showing this kind of thing but I lost
the link.
--
Michael J. Hammel                                    Principal Software Engineer
mjhammel at graphics-muse.org                           http://graphics-muse.org