[clue-tech] cron jobs off to the races

Collins Richey crichey at gmail.com
Tue Dec 29 13:21:54 MST 2009

On Tue, Dec 29, 2009 at 1:05 PM, David L. Willson <DLWillson at thegeek.nu> wrote:
> Is there a way to tell cron to automatically check to see if a job is already running before invoking it?
> It seems a bit silly to have to implement "prior invocation detection" code in every cron-invoked script.
> Doesn't it?

I don't know the answer, but there is a new variant called fcron that
provides a lot of new capabilities, especially for systems that are
not running 24x7. The examples I've seen include the ability to run
one or more extra scripts prior to each individual cron item, and the
syntax is a lot more flexible that vixie/??? cron.

--
Collins Richey