[clue-tech] CLUE Talk Mailing list mbox file too big to rsynch

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Wed Feb 4 22:49:06 MST 2009

Jed S. Baer wrote:
> However, despite the FAQ saying that rsync can run out of memory on large
> file lists, but NOT large files, I still see the error on the mbox files,
> and there's no way to split those, that I can think of, short of
> "retiring" CLUE-Talk and CLUE-Tech, and starting fresh lists, which would
> have been a good thing to have done before this error situation. Well,
> the mbox files seem to work ok at least some of the time.

How available to the mbox files have to be?  Some users might like to
download them, and there may be a link for that.  And maybe some other
features.

But if they are used to create the archive web pages and then ignored
you could split out the before '09 stuff and compress it.  Then it
wouldn't change so it wouldn't sync.