[clue-tech] suid

Keith Hellman khellman at mcprogramming.com
Fri Feb 13 07:59:53 MST 2009

On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 10:42:31PM -0700, David L. Anselmi wrote:
> Keith Hellman wrote:
>> I would consider a bash script that looks at $(basename ${0}) to
>> determine which of A, B, and C should be done.
>>
>> Then make the appropriate symlinks.
>>
>> Then configure sudo appropriately for password-less access to the A and
>> C script.
>
> That might work, unlike a suid shell script.  But in the end doesn't it
> wind up being the same thing?

I don't think Linux allows suid scripts, and the sudo route might provide
easier ACL management in the future.

Again, just my 2c.

--
Keith Hellman                             #include <disclaimer.h>
khellman at mcprogramming.com                from disclaimer import standard
khellman at mines.edu
                                   -*-
                    public key @ pgp.mit.edu 9FCF40FD
    Y!M: mcprogramming                           AIM/ICQ: 485403897
   gtalk (xmpp jabber): mrtuple at jabber.org, jabber at mcprogramming.com
                                   -*-

Before you criticize someone, run a mile in their shoes. When you do
criticize them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.