[clue-tech] Anyone played with Unetbootin?

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Tue Feb 17 22:53:55 MST 2009

Jed S. Baer wrote:
> http://unetbootin.sourceforge.net/
>
> Looks cool to me.

I saw it at the last North installfest.  We used it in Windows to make a
bootable flash drive from a .iso.  Download, install, and use was pretty
easy (it has a menu to pick a .iso and it will even download it for you,
though we didn't need that feature).

The first try didn't boot for some reason and then I got pulled away and
Zach jumped in.  His try worked fine.

So 1GB flash drives aren't quite as cheap as CDs but otherwise CDs are
obsolete.  At an OpenSolaris meeting I went to they gave me a 1GB drive
with OpenSolaris, free.  (Now I have to figure out why Linux doesn't
recognize the file systems on it.)