[clue-tech] broadcom wireless help anyone?

Collins Richey crichey at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 20:21:25 MST 2009

I didn't post all the gory details. Here's a summary.

1. Tried first on sidux then with ubuntu. Except for a slight
difference in kernels, the b43 stuff is plain old stock debian
material. If you want the gory details, go here

http://www.sidux.com/PNphpBB2-viewtopic-t-14821.html

2. The kernel module loaded just fine (iwconfig, iwlist, and all the
brethren detect the card), but it is not possible to get a dhcp lease.

3. Also tried with ndiswrapper (after blacklisting the b43 stuff), but
with ndiswrapper couldn't even get a wlan0 device.

4. I know the card was working a few months ago on win xp, because my
daughter used it every day at school. I can't prove it, because I blew
away xp on the box. I also know the Linksys is working because my
daughter uses it from her windows laptop.

--
Collins Richey