[clue-tech] video issues I'd like help with at this months installfest

Kevin Kempter kevin at kevinkempterllc.com
Mon Jan 5 17:18:52 MST 2009

Hi All;

I have a shiny new Dell Precision M6400 with Fedora 10 installed. (it's a
64bit laptop with a 3Gz dual core intel chip, 12G of ram and 2 internal
drives)

2 things I can't get working that I would really like to have:

1) The laptop has a  "1GB NVIDIA Quadro FX 3700M Mobile" video card but if I
install nvidia-kmod or the proprietary nvidia drivers I get the nvidia driver
working but I loose screen resolution.

2) I can't seem to figure out how to do a dual monitor setup

3) it would be above and beyond if I could get the kde compiz-fusion bits
working

I'm wondering if anyone out there is familiar with these areas who is also
going to the Jan 24th installfest ?

If so, I'll bring my laptop and the external monitor I'm wanting to do the
dual monitor bit with.  I could also bring additional install DVD's if needed.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance