[clue-tech] video issues I'd like help with at this months installfest

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Sun Jan 11 14:37:10 MST 2009

On Jan 11, 2009, at 10:16 AM, Michael J. Hammel wrote:

> On Thu, 2009-01-08 at 17:15 -0700, David L. Anselmi wrote:
>> Kevin Kempter wrote:
>>> 2) I can't seem to figure out how to do a dual monitor setup
>> Have you ever done that before?
>
> In F10, some drivers are auto detected by the xorg core now.  They
> don't
> even have an xorg.conf.

That's got to be the most significant Linux news I've heard in
years... and no fanfare anywhere about it in the general "community".
(Of course, I guess ten years ago you'd hear about something like that
on Slashdot, but they're too busy catering to "techno-politics" topics
now.)

But definitely... "video that just works" would be nice, someday in
Linux.   :-)

The above sure looks like quite a step closer to that.

--
Nate Duehr
nate at natetech.com