[clue-tech] openhackware

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Wed Jan 21 20:27:07 MST 2009

David L. Willson wrote:
> [...]
[...]
> lori at lori-laptop:~$ sudo apt-get -b source openhackware

Why do you want to install from source?  Debian has a binary package you
can use.  (And it will probably work on any system that can extract the
.bin.)

> dpkg-buildpackage: host architecture i386
>  debian/rules clean
> debian/rules:14: *** "this package needs to be built with a powerpc-linux-gnu toolchain".  Stop.

So build it on ppc, which seems to be what is intended.  Or you have to
figure out how to cross-compile ppc code on i386.  I guess there should
be a HOWTO out there but it may be more work than you want.  Unless
learning cross-compiling makes you more marketable.

Might be a good CLUE talk though...