[clue-tech] Xubuntu video problems

Diane Williams willydlw at comcast.net
Wed Jan 21 21:44:55 MST 2009

Trying to install Xubuntu 8.04 on a Compaq Presario 1800 laptop and I am
having video issues. The screen is split into 3 vertical stripes of the same
size. When I run the Xubuntu CD, the screen Xubuntu shows up full screen,
but everything was split during the installation. I could see enough of the
instructions that Xubuntu installed. When I boot from hard drive or try to
run from live CD I have this video problem.

Has anyone seen this before or do you have any suggestions how I can fix
this?

Thank you.

Diane Williams