[clue-tech] Firewire CDROM drive

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Thu Jan 22 01:22:33 MST 2009

On Jan 21, 2009, at 8:14 PM, David L. Anselmi wrote:

> marlowe at antagonism.org wrote:
>> All,
>> I am trying to install Ubuntu 8.10 on my G3 Bondi Blue iMac.  I am
>> experiencing issues where Ubuntu will not recognize the internal
>> CDROM
>> drive and attempts to install from a USB DVD-RW also meet with
>> failure. Does anyone have a firewire CDROM drive which I could
>> borrow to attempt
>> the install?  If not, I will install FC10 on it instead.
>
> It seems unlikely that firewire will help.  Did you try this yet:

> You might also have better luck with the alternate CD rather than
> the live one.

Let us know how you make out on this.

If that doesn't work, I have a Firewire CD-ROM that I used to use on
that vintage of Mac here somewhere.

Where are you in town?  I work at 120th & I-25 and live at Arapahoe &
I-25, which means it's easy for me to stop anywhere along the I-25
corridor, but it also means I burn a lot of time commuting, so I tend
not to stray too far east/west because I want to get home sometime for
dinner and before the news.  LOL!

(My schedule is 9A-6P and often runs later.  Dinner by 8 is sometimes
a treat... heh... but I like the schedule and it fills a gap in our
group 5P-6P that most people don't want to cover, so it's a win-win
for all... and has been for years... people with kids often have to
pick them up or just can't be getting home at 7P, so it works out well
that I have none.)

Nate