[clue-tech] Kubuntu 8.10 - enable wireless

Diane Williams willydlw at comcast.net
Thu Jan 22 09:49:46 MST 2009

This is my first attempt at becoming a Linux user. Installed Kubuntu 8.10
from the CD successfully because the install program was smart enough to do
all the work for me. I am dual booting with Windows Vista on an HP dv6871us
laptop. Have been googling but so far I cannot find current information that
I understand to enable a wireless Internet connection.

I can find the adept program but don't know how to proceed to enable
wireless.

Would come to installfest tomorrow but I have a college class from 9 - noon
on Saturdays.

Thanks for helping a newbie.

Diane Williams