[clue-tech] proxy and firewall setup help at the Installfest

qqq1one at yahoo.com qqq1one at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 27 23:04:59 MST 2009

Thanks to Dave, Dave, and Dennis' patience at the InstallFest, I was able to get further along with SquidGuard.  SELinux (installed by default on Fedora) was preventing the application from accessing a needed file.

Later I tinkered with it some more and I finally figured out the last problem preventing my whitelisting from working.  I posted the problem resolution to the SquidGuard mailing list.  You have to subscribe to access the archives there, but it is the same sort of thing as subscribing to clue-tech (i.e. provide your email address and a password).

Here is the direct link to my post:
http://www.shalla.de/mailman/private/squidguard/2009-January/001185.html