[clue-tech] Terse command lines

jacob jborer at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 10:30:24 MDT 2009

Brian,

No, it isn't a security thing. The question they are answering is how
to truncate a file. Which will probably not zero out all the contents
of all the data blocks. (It will probably just change the size to zero
or the equivalent.) This is not a security thing. Do not rely on it to
zero out data on the disk.

-jacob