[clue-tech] Windows question

Keith Christian keithchristian at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 14 16:36:45 MDT 2009

On Tue, 14 Jul 2009 19:19:16 +0000 (UTC)

dennisjperkins at comcast.net wrote:

> I'm building a computer for someone and they want Windows. Absolutely
> no Linux, sorry. I haven't really played with Vista, so I don't know
> how many issues have been addressed. I'm not sure if I should buy XP or
> Vista with a free upgrade coupon to Windows 7. Any advice on this?

Vista is pretty good as a desktop OS.  Windows 7's look and feel is supposed to be closer to that of Windows XP if your client is more familiar with that, so, I'd get Vista and upgrade for free to W7 if desired.

Have your client get anti-virus and anti-spyware software if he wants Windows.  I have had good results with Webroot anti-virus/anti-spyware, written just up the road in Boulder.

If he later on has trouble with Windows, give him a Debian Lenny install CD  (-:  (-:

========Keith