[clue-tech] I just bought a motherboard, CPU and memory and something is DOA

AGSCalabrese agscal at gmail.com
Sat Jul 18 09:05:12 MDT 2009

The CPU is a dual-core socket 775 2.5 GHz Pentium
The memory is two sticks of 1GB DDR2 PC2-5300
The motherboard is a Gigabyte GA G31M ES2L

I bought them at MicroCenter.
I installed the CPU and the memory and a speaker and plugged in a
monitor.

Results:   No display on monitor, no beeps from the speaker.
The power switch starts the fan.  At first I could also turn the fan
off by pressing the power switch for 5 seconds.  No longer.

I am looking for some help whereby I drop by and try my parts in
someone's system.

Best
Gus S. Calabrese