[clue-tech] I just bought a motherboard, CPU and memory and something is DOA

dennisjperkins at comcast.net dennisjperkins at comcast.net
Tue Jul 21 16:06:23 MDT 2009

What model motherboard?

----- Original Message -----
From: "AGSCalabrese" <agscal at gmail.com>
To: "CLUE technical discussion" <clue-tech at cluedenver.org>
Sent: Tuesday, July 21, 2009 3:01:05 PM GMT -07:00 US/Canada Mountain
Subject: Re: [clue-tech] I just bought a motherboard, CPU and memory and something is DOA

The motherboard doc says it is okay to use a 20 pin connector power supply.
Gus

On Jul 21, 2009, at 7:38 AM, dennisjperkins at comcast.net wrote:

You have a 24-pin connector. Why are you only using 20 pins? Does your power supply have a 4-pin connector to go into the remaining 4 pins? If so, look at the power supply documentation to verify that it is supposed to go there. You might need to replace the power supply.