[clue-tech] Internet Wirless Broadband, Verizon EVDO

rex evans rexfordevans at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 2 18:13:58 MDT 2009

I am considering a Verizon ISP wireless broadband and cell phone package,
or each individually.

Has anyone done this or similar: access Verizon EVDO MS Windows interface
with Linux. The article, dated 2006, says it is not too difficult.

http://www.linux.com/archive/articles/52729

Verizon overview of prices and bit-limits are below.

http://b2b.vzw.com/broadband/bbapccard.html

I am just starting to investigate this again, for the 3rd time,
but this time, I really want to make a move to broadband wireless.

Any personal experience with Verizon or other wireless broadband?
I have an old Dell Latitude Laptop, with dual boot: XP, Ubuntu Hardy.