[clue-tech] nfs frustrations

chris fedde chris at fedde.us
Wed Jun 3 16:34:34 MDT 2009

running amd is the easy way around this. it unmounts file systems that
are not in use and remounts them on demand.  If you are using ubuntu
or debian you can install the am-tools package and have the daemon and
a basic config with the /net file system installed.
accesses to /net/system_name/exported_directory will "just work".
More complex configs are not that hard to add if you need them.