[clue-tech] Cygwin, Perl, & CPAN

chris fedde chris at fedde.us
Wed Jun 3 18:53:48 MDT 2009

I hear that cygwin can be setup to work well with CPAN but I've never
succeeded.   two other perl distros work well on windows too;
Strawberry and Activestate.  Strawberry is targeted to work well with
CPAN. Including XS based modules.  Activestate includes their own
package manager that has a large subset of CPAN modules available.
Both can be found easily by googling for them.

For oracle connectivity you'll also need the oracle instant client
basic and sdk (from oracle.com).  They'll want a username/password for
you and a promise that you're not exporting their product.

Google for "portable ubuntu" for another interesting option.