[clue-tech] VPN over Internet

Bruce Ediger eballen1 at qwest.net
Mon Mar 2 07:52:19 MST 2009

On Sun, 1 Mar 2009, David L. Anselmi wrote:

> If you want to log in to a computer, I would say remote desktop or remote
> login, not VPN.  So you probably already know those: rdesktop, VNC, SSH, and
> now it turns out there are some web based things like logmein.  There's a
> thread on that starting at:

I have to use "Citrix" (ugh!) to log in to my straightjacket of a Windows
XP desktop at work.  It's Remote Desktop Protocol, as far as I can tell.
Citrix has provided a Linux client, but is a F/OSS client available?  I'd
rather not use "Sir Crashalot the Linux Citrix Client" - I'd like something
a bit more stable.

Can I use rdesktop to get to Citrix-served RDP desktops?