[clue-tech] Using Xen to run a VM with a different date?

Jed S. Baer cluemail at jbaer.cotse.net
Tue Mar 10 21:08:05 MDT 2009

Hi Folks.

Turns out I might need to occasionally run some software with the system
date tweaked. Unfortunately, doing a web search for something like
"running xen different date" turns up a whole lot of date-stamped
articles, etc., that don't talk about how the system date in a VM
interacts with the host system date.

So, before I dive into downloading Xen, and setting up a domU, I'd like
to know whether there's any hope for telling the OS that it's 2003.

Anyone have any knowledge on this?

Thanks,
jed