[clue-tech] speaker for March meeting

Mon Mar 30 16:34:06 MDT 2009

I can't speak for anyone else, but let me say this on my own behalf:  I really, really want to see OpenNMS / Nagios compared and contrasted.  I would be willing to sacrifice some depth, in order to see the two solutions side-by-side.

In addition to whatever speaker guidelines Dennis will give, I have these:

 - It takes longer to get that projector going than you think it will.
 - You can show up as early as 6:30pm.
 - Zach Giezen is grateful if you will give the same talk at CLUE-North.  Zach, chime in with details.

Still speaking for myself:
 - A boring slide-show is better than nothing, but not much
 - A demo of what I might do with the product is more fun to watch than a slide-show
 - Actually doing it is the most fun, but that doesn't work for the CLUE room...  :-(

On slide shows:
 - is a good outline
 - is full of good references to websites and other resources
 - reminds the presenter of what to cover
 - records (briefly) the most important pieces of information (command lines are Good)
 - posted to the CLUE website before the show, so attendees can use it to take notes on.

I'll buy you a beer after your presentation, which reminds me, Ryan McDowell, did anyone buy you a beer after yours?  If not, I will buy you a late one.

David L. Willson
Trainer, Engineer, Enthusiast
MCT, MCSE, Linux+
tel://720.333.LANS
Freeing people from the tyranny (or whatevery) of Microsofty-ness, one at a time.