[clue-tech] Debian on a G1

marlowe marlowe at antagonism.org
Mon May 11 10:14:39 MDT 2009

On Sat, May 09, 2009 at 06:19:28PM -0600, David L. Anselmi wrote:
> marlowe at antagonism.org wrote:
>> I just purchased a G1 from T-Mobile.  I would like to get Debian running
>> side by side with Android as mentioned in this article,
>> http://www.saurik.com/id/10.  Has anyone tried this before?  I thought it
>> would be a fantastic thing to try for installfest, but I will be in Europe
>> then.
>
> Europe?  We already told you when installfest is and you have a lame
> excuse like Europe?  Skip Europe, there's an installfest! ;-)

Two weeks in Europe?  Installfest?  Close, but work can still reach me
at installfest.  Can't get a hold of me in Europe.

> There doesn't seem to be anything risky about the Debian install.  I
> guess after you bootstrap it you have to be on the phone to run aptitude
> but you set up your SD card and away you go.  You can do it during your
> flight. :-)

Nothing worrisome on my end either, however I thought it would fun to
have everyone gathered around for it.  I really like the idea of having
a full Linux system I can fit in my pocket.

When I get back from travel, I will give it a shot.  I really can't
wait.

Cheers,
Patrick