[clue-tech] Mythtv at installfest

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Fri May 15 16:31:45 MDT 2009

Muzaffar, Nasir wrote:
> I don't think it will work to connect a VCR, DVD player, etc. The
> tuner needs to be able to lock into a TV station. The issue I am
> having is with scanning the channels and unfortunately, a video input
> other than cable probably won't suffice.

You need to know what kind of signal you'll hook up to, which has to
match your tuner's capabilities.

There is no cable at DeVry, and even if there were it might not match
your tuner.

I mentioned your problem at BLUG last night.  A myth TV wizard said he
might come.  I think it would be worth your while even if he doesn't
show up, unless it's a really long drive.