[clue-tech] kernel config file

dennisjperkins at comcast.net dennisjperkins at comcast.net
Thu May 21 08:55:39 MDT 2009

I configure my kernels to produce /proc/config.gz. That way I can always grab what is running. I also store a copy in /proc. But like I said, I don't know how many distros do that.

Linux Kernel In A Nutshell has a script that can help determine which modules are needed. It scans /sys to see what is running but you still need to find out how to select it in "make menuconfig". I have the script at home if Kevin wants it.