[clue-tech] file's there, not there...

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Fri May 29 18:09:18 MDT 2009

David L. Willson wrote:
>>> sh: /usr/bin/vmware-ping: not found
[...]
> Right on the nose.  x32 prog on x64.  Needed to add ia32-libs and it works now.  Frustrating error message.  Thanks for the help!

I was going to guess selinux.  But maybe that would have said permission
denied.

The message you see is standard for a missing (or unfindable) library.
Back when I did LFS you'd see that frequently because you built a
library and then didn't run ldconfig to add it to the cache.  On a
regular distro you don't see it because everyone who installs a library
runs ldconfig after.

So I'd say the vmware dependencies are messed up and you should file a bug.