[clue-tech] Mail server questions

Jim Ockers ockers at ockers.net
Fri Nov 6 23:02:59 MST 2009

Hi Matt,

I use CentOS and Thunderbird for e-mail.  For remote access I use nx to
log in and get my desktop.  Lazy but effective, and I don't have to muck
around with some webmail server and folders.

Cyrus IMAP is a bitch to set up but once working it's fine.

http://smfs.sourceforge.net/ plus spamassassin will probably get rid of
most of your spam.  A bit tricky to set up but worth the effort.
Thunderbird's junk classifier can probably do the rest once you train it.

For testing, well that is trickier, YMMV and good luck! :)

HTH
Jim