[clue-tech] re-installing windows

Louis Miller veganguy1 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 06:00:14 MST 2009

*Thank you Brian and David. I used the Ubuntu Live CD, and went into live
mode, then I brought up the partition editor. Then, I was able to format
most of the drive in NTFS, but two small partitions wouldn't mount. I tried
to re-install with the recovery discs and it wouldn't work.

Then, I created a Gparted Live CD, and then I was able to mount all the
partitions. I formatted the whole drive with NTFS.

I didn't back up the MBR, like David instructed. How do you do that? I
already have a Windows XP OEM install CD.. I keep getting the error message
"No Active Partition."

I am trying to install Windows Vista.
*