[clue-tech] Re: Windows help

Charles Hutchinson chutchin at geekboi.org
Tue Nov 24 13:28:24 MST 2009

On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 11:20 AM, Brian Gibson <bwg1974 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> On a side note, unless performance is a critical issue, it's much easier to
> use and setup VMs than dualboots if you have the spare memory.  I'm
> satisfied with VirtualBox but if you need 3D acceleration I believe you need
> to move to VMWare or Parallels.  Also Wubi is an alternative if your dual-OS
> install is Windows and Ubuntu.  These two options are less painful paths to
> a multi-OS install than messing with partitions and MBRs.

This also gives you the ability to run both OSes in parallel and not have to
close everything and reboot to run the other OS.  I've been using Vmware
Player for several years now to get to my Exchange email and to manage our
Vmware ESX farms here at work.  I also use the VM to get onto our PITA VPN
that only has a windows client.

Charlie