[clue-tech] Create virtual partition from free disk space on multiple networked machines

Keith Christian keith1christian at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 10:38:02 MST 2009

Hi Dave,

On Sun, Nov 29, 2009 at 1:24 PM, David L. Anselmi <anselmi at anselmi.us> wrote:

> Do you really mean user?  I think you'll need root, at least on the user's
> machine.

Either "root" or a regular user, the question is more whether
marshaling chunks of free space across several systems was even
possible with today's technology.  I should have taken more time to
build out the question.

> You don't mean single partition, you mean single file system, don't you?  Do
> you really need a single file system?  I can understand why, just wondering
> whether you're sure.

Could be filesystem or partition in this context.  We can mount
partitions on hard disks, or files like .iso's with mount's -o loop
arguments.

Thanks for the reply.

======Keith