[clue-tech] GRUB, finally.

Collins Richey crichey at gmail.com
Sat Oct 24 16:05:16 MDT 2009

On Fri, Oct 23, 2009 at 10:17 PM, David L. Anselmi <anselmi at anselmi.us> wrote:

> Debian is switching to use grub2 by default.  Installing it was easy. It
> found the right partitions and made a grub.cfg, then asked which device
> should get the boot loader installed--no sweat using a thumb drive to test
> with.
>
> (But now I have to see how to re-run it outside aptitude to put it on my
> hard drive.  I think grub-install will do it, but there may be a more
> "Debian" way to do it.  And I haven't seen how it handles kernel upgrades
> yet.)

I haven't dealt with grub2 yet that I know of, unless sid has switched
over automagically?

In any case unless grub2 is light years different, there's nothing to
do for kernel upgrades except add the appropriate menu.lst stanza.
That shouldn't be much different than the work done now by the
apt-kernel installation process.

Or???

--
Collins Richey