[clue-tech] virtualization project for installfest

Jon Buttjer jontheisguy at gmail.com
Mon Sep 7 15:00:39 MDT 2009

Gus,
>From what I have been experiencing myself with Virtualbox and VMware, 2G of
system ram is enough to run your host OS and a Virtual machine (maybe 2).
If you want to run multiple Virtual Machines (have Ubuntu, Windoze and
Solaris *ALL*) running concurrently, then 2G is not really sufficient.

Thats probably clear as mud, but hopefully ok.  In summary:
running One VM AND host OS = 2G OKAY
running Ubuntu VM AND Solaris VM AND Windoze VM AND host OS = 4G or more

You can install and configure all the VMs you want (hardware specs not
withstanding).  If you want to run one VM (ubuntu or solaris or windoze) +
host OS then 2G should be ok.

YMMV
jontheisguy