[clue-tech] Dual booting between linux.

Collins Richey crichey at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 10:40:16 MDT 2009

On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 9:59 AM, David L. Anselmi<anselmi at anselmi.us> wrote:

> So how about putting grub on both the MBR and on each partition's boot
> sector?  Let each distro own its partition and then the MBR only has to
> chain load one of those.
>
> Anyone done this and been happy with it?  Anyone have a better way?

I, too, would love to hear more about this. I've never tried putting
grub in the partition boot sector - too chicken to experiment. How
would this work with debian distros where the kernel update process
updates the menu.conf? Will that work with grub info in the various
partitions.

BTW, if anyone has great ideas, that would make a wonderful topic for
a Clue presentation.

--
Collins Richey