[clue-tech] Dual booting between linux.

Michael S. Farnsworth mfarns at comcast.net
Thu Sep 10 20:49:27 MDT 2009

Charles W Downing wrote:
> The only gripe I have is that when Linux Mint upgrades to a new kernel
> version, it changes grub to act as if Linux Mint is the only OS on the
> box.
Kubuntu does the same thing. I installed it on an opensuse 10.3 laptop.
No problem at all with the dual boot. sda3 is suse with its own grub and
kubuntu (now ubuntu studio, actually) is sda5. If I "repair" (from the
dvd) the suse grub, it's back until the next kernel upgrade on the
'buntu side. I was thinking there must be something at a higher level
that tells the system which partition to look for grub on first, but I
haven't been concerned enough to do the research yet. No problems dual
booting in any case.