[clue-tech] Linux Media Center options and applications

Angelo Bertolli angelo.bertolli at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 16:27:19 MDT 2009

Michael J. Hammel wrote:
> I gave up on it.  I have no idea how to pull the ROM images off of those
> old cartridges.  Supposedly the emulators will work with the original CD
> images used in playstations and similar, but if you want the really old
> cartridge-based games you're gonna have to find a ROM reader.  I can't
> even find a place to buy the ROMs.
>
> All I really wanted was Centipede.

Last time I was in Colorado, I ripped all of my old C64 disks--over 100
of them.  With focus, the whole process took a total of about 4 hours,
I'd say.  I did it with Star Commander, my 1541 commodore disk drive,
and PC serial to 1541 cable.

So depending on what kind of system you had, it probably requires some
kind of hardware hack.  If you search around google, you might find
someone who has already done this.

Angelo