[clue-tech] intermittent connection problems

Jason S. Friedman jason at powerpull.net
Sat Sep 12 17:08:12 MDT 2009

A few weeks back I could not connect to certain websites, like
microsoft.com and frii.com, or receive email from certain hosts (I run
the Postfix SMTP server), like comcast.net.  I called Qwest, became
upset, the problem went away, there were no explanations.

I run Ubuntu 9.04 on x64-64.

Yesterday the problems returned.  This time, I connected my old Windows
XP machine to the modem and, voila, I was able to connect to
microsoft.com and frii.com via my browser.

Any ideas of what could cause this behavior?